19 March 2014

Death of King Arthur - 11th Painting Challenge Entry

As the "4th Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge" is coming to a close it's the last time for me to urge you to pop over on Curt's blog to vote for your favourite entry in the last "Fortnight Bonus Themed Round". This round is called "Last Stand" and you'll see there are some pretty stunning interpretations of of the topic.


 This was maybe the only themed bonus round I knew what to submit for from the beginning. Originally I had intended this set for use on a scenic base for Impetus but as I had it lying untouched on my desk for what felt like ages the "Last stand" themed round gave me the excuse I needed to finally paint it. The set is called "Death of Arthur" and is from Westwind Miniatures nice 28mm Arthurian range.


As Comitatus didn't show up with their Gripping Beast and Musketeer stuff at Tactica (Yes, I'm still a little pissed off) I had to cancel my plan for doing an Impetus sized (and styled) base for lack of miniatures. Instead I decided to go for a larger round base and maybe use it later as some kind of rally point or opportunity marker. For the standard I originally planed to use a more stylish one. It was attached to the pole already, weathered and battle worn but due to some nasty incident including glue and me being all fingers and thumbs I had to switch to this one.

Thanks for viewing and I hope you enjoyed!


18 comments:

  1. I really liked this entry - exceptionally well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and inspired work, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, especially the helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exceptionally well done sums it up! I especially adore the purple cloakwork and the jewels in the helm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding work as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful, it will do very well in the theme round if you ask me..

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always Nick a real superb piece and one that for sure fit's in with the theme! I'm looking forward to seeing this!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, das nenne ich mal gute Arbeit!
    Ich drück' Dir die Daumen für den Wettbewerb, verdient hättest du's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Echt fett, gefällt mir immer wieder was du so auf die Bases zauberst!
    Ich schließe mich Thomas an, sind dann schon vier Daumen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice brushwork! It's a great little vignette.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dermaßen genial, da läufts mir den Rücken runter. "Sir Bediwere, wirf das Schwert zurück in den See !"

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favourites from the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice composition, and a spectacular job!

    ReplyDelete